Re: Translation for different packages.

(CC'ing the list as my answer could help other translators. Please
continue this discussion in the list)

Quoting tdendup@dit.gov.bt (tdendup@dit.gov.bt):

> Hi Christian,
> Can you give me a list of other NMU'ed packages that we might translate to
> Dzongkha? I found a list here : http://people.debian.org/~lwall/i18n/  but
> i am not sure whether it is worth translating all of them.

No, don't do that. Most of these packages are not really important
ones. The NMU campaign is mostly aimed at cleaning out things that
have been put under the carpet by (most of the time) inactive
maintainers..:-)

So, of course, you can send translations when I call for them...but
don't do anything for packages that are listed as "DONE". Most of them
are badly maintained and their only updates are.....l10n NMUs..:-)
Your translation would be very likely to rot in the BTS for ages.

I suggest you go to http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/dz
which is the interface to the current status of debconf translations
for Dzongkha.

Things to do there are sorted by ranking in the popularity-contest
package which should help you to choose what to work on first.

Please note that some of the packages listed there will appear as
translated because they are part of D-I stuff which you translated in
the D-I translation process.