Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the isoqlog package

Hello,

Christian Perrier wrote:

> Dear maintainer of isoqlog and Debian translators,
> If you did any of the, currently incomplete, translations you will get a
> copy of this announcement BCCd to you. Please review the translation.

I was BCCed because the de.po file contains this:

"Project-Id-Version: iso_639 CVS\n"
"Last-Translator: Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org>\n"

But I am not and was never a translator for the isoqlog package. I'm only
a translator for the iso_639 domain. The German translator for isoqlog must
be someone else.

What happened?

1) Someone has apparently merged parts of iso_639.pot into the isoqlog.pot
   file. This is a *bad* thing, because it causes translators to do duplicated
   work. The iso_639 domain was created for the very purpose of _sharing_
   the translations. Not for having a pool of translations that you can
   copy/import! (Here I'm speaking as the GNU gettext maintainer.)

   The fix is: Please use the original iso_639 domain, and change your
   program to use the 'dgettext' function instead of the 'gettext' function
   for this domain. Then remove the iso_639 messages from the isoqlog package.

2) In the merge of German PO files, my name was put there instead of the
   one who translated the "MTA log type:" message.

   Please find out who was this original translator and put him back.

Bruno