Re: Please help to improve i18n support of DebianDoc-SGML (Was: Re: Work started on Release Notes for Etch (II))

On 06/11/2006, at 9:08 AM, Jens Seidel wrote:

Thanks to Daniel, debiandoc-sgml supports now (soon) Swedish as well.

The following languages are currently supported. If you want to add
a new language, please adapt the attached files.

So my language isn't supported, either. :(

I'm willing to put the time into this, but I don't know much about the process. So I'll have to work through it in bits, once I've translated the Release-Notes.

Shouldn't we be using UTF8? The list of supported languages is full of legacy encodings.

Is there anywhere I can find a list of locales for different systems? One of my problems in testing translations under X11 has been that there isn't a Vietnamese UTF8 locale on my machine. In fact, /usr/ share/locale shows no Vietnamese locales at all. The OSX GUI takes care of this (full Unicode support for Vietnamese), but X11 uses the base system.

I need to know, especially, the locales for my language on Linux.

Thankyou for any help you can offer with this. :)