Re: Work started on Release Notes for Etch (II)

Thanks for your reply, Jens. :)

On 02/11/2006, at 10:42 PM, Jens Seidel wrote:

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 08:58:59PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
I'm running Mac OSX 10.4.8 on an Intel MacBook. :)

Maybe you could connect to a different computer via network. An
available public machine is for example shell.alioth.debian.org.
Virtualisation is maybe another option. Bochs (emulates a PC) is
definitively a solution for your setup to install an small Debian system
in it but is very very slow ... I don't know whether it's possible to
use Xen or chroots on MacOs.

OSX is UNIX. If you can do it on UNIX, you can probably do it on OSX. ;)

So I probably just need to find out how it's done on OSX. I don't have enough concentration to try to do anything like that right now, so I'll stick to translating the file.

I did delete the "vi" directory first, and strangely enough, "cvs up"
updated everything _but_ the "vi" directory. I have no idea why.

You need to option -d to create new directories in your working copy.
Just call
cvs up -d -P
(-P omits empty directories).

Ah. Thanks. :)

So for now, I've just grabbed the .po file from WebCVS. (Note, for
people wanting to look at or get previous Debian CVS files from
WebCVS, you need to change old addresses from "cvs.alioth.debian.org"
to just "cvs.debian.org".)

No, Release Notes and the DDP was *always* available on cvs.debian.org!

I didn't specify which packages: I hunted up the WebCVS via an address for another package, and found I had to change the root server. Or maybe WebCVS runs on both of them, and I only had the address for alioth. ;)