Re: [translate-pootle] Tool for translating via an intermediate language--reply to Bruno's questions

On 11/10/2006, at 4:26 AM, Amos Batto wrote (in part):

I noticed that PoEdit has a function (Alt + C) to
directly copy the string from the msgid to msgstr, so
I think that a COPY flag would be used by a lot of
translators (not just people working with indigenous
languages like Quechua).

I would think any popular PO editor would do that: LocFactoryEditor and Pootle, the offline and online editors I use, certainly do. This function isn't just useful for languages with loan words: it's important for strings with complex placeholders or formatting.

My language doesn't have any English loan words, and I'd probably hit Opt-Cmd-0 (Copy original string to translation field) for 10% of strings overall.