Re: Work started on Release Notes for Etch

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 12:27:35AM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 11:13:59PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> >
> > Since the Release Notes are architecture specific I loop about all
> > architectures to create the PO file. After coding I noticed that
> > po4a seems to ignore conditionals, so the loop can maybe removed :-((
>
> Is it an issue, or a feature you wer enot aware of?

I think this is a bug in po4a. po4a seems to analyse the SGML very
carefully but ignores conditionals.

Assume large parts of an SGML are commented out this way. Since po4a
ignores it, it will generate a large PO file containing unwanted strings.

On the other side it simplifies the task for Release Notes. I will
remove this loop about all architectures and remember this code snipped
for other projects :-)

> > I asked Joey to install it but forgot mentioning the Etch version.

He installed it already but mentioned (after an additional request from
me) that we have to wait for the Etch release to have this version
installed ...

> po4a could also be installed in a local directory.
> Then, just start po4a this way:
> PERLLIB=<path_to_po4a/lib> <path_to_po4a>/po4a

If the current version of po4a is not sufficient this is probably a
workaround. I could ask Matt Kraii (web master) for the installation
in his home directory.

Jens