debconf is Level 1?

Hello again :)

I have received a normal-looking debconf update email (dated 29/7/06):

On 29/07/2006, at 9:11 PM, luk@debian.org wrote:

debconf. The English template has been changed, and now some messages
against debconf.

but when I opened the file, supposedly debconf_1.5.4, the header was for the Debian-Installer Level 1 file, and said not to modify this file.

That would make sense if the file were part of Level 1 (in which case I would not have received an update email of this kind for it, I imagine).

But I thought debconf (both kinds) was in Level 5.

There are several untranslated strings in this file. What should I do with it?