Re: [Buildd-tools-devel] [Fwd: Re: Please translate schroot]

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 02:44:17PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> I've now done this, and a new test release tarball is here:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/schroot-0.99.4.tar.bz2
>
> Is this OK?

It looks much better, thanks a lot.

> BTW, 4 of the Swedish strings in po/sv.po are now fuzzy due to a few
> incorrect positional parameters I fixed.

These errors are caught by msgfmt when called with the -c flag, which
is the case in your package, so you do not need to worry about them.
Of course, making these strings fuzzy is nice, translators have a
chance to fix them.
Translators are supposed to run 'msgfmt -c' on their PO files, but this
boost format requires CVS gettext, so this is a special case.

> I also removed the vi translation for the time being, due to it being
> rather out of date.

Like Christian, I do not see the rationale.  You can disable vi in
LINGUAS if you do not want to ship very incomplete translations, but
please do not remove files, they usually contain useful informations
like Last-Translator, Language-Team or even translator comments.

Denis