Move to Subversion for Wordforge

Hello,

several people have voiced the opinion that it would be nice for
Wordforge to move away from old dusty CVS to a new version control
system.  There was also a short discussion on IRC some time ago. There
were some fancy VCSes proposed, but everyone seemed to agree that
Subversion would be the least radical change but good enough.

SourceForge provides Subversion hosting parallel to CVS.  In addition,
I believe they have a tool to convert a CVS repository to Subversion,
all you have to do is click a link on the project page.  This means that
there would be few technical problems related to the switch and it's
all a matter of coordination.

I'm not sure how things are done in Wordforge, but I hope that someone
from the project (Javier?) could coordinate the switch.  I would
suggest to agree on a date for the CVS repository to be closed for write
access, then do the conversion and get everyone to migrate checkouts to
the new repository.

This transition could wait indefinitely, but I do not see any point to
delay it if we want to do the transition (I have the impression that we
do), hence my gentle push.  Having worked for several years with
Subversion, I'd be happy to help with it or answer technical questions.

Best regards,
--
Gintautas Miliauskas
http://gintasm.blogspot.com