Re: [g-i] new screenshots available

On Saturday 24 June 2006 16:44, Davide Viti wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 02:16:03PM -0700, Damodharan Rajalingam wrote:
> > Tamil characters are not shown properly :-(.  What is the font used
> > for Tamil (ta)?
>
> TSCu_Paranar contained in ttf-tamil-fonts.
> What is wrong with it?
> Can you suggest any alternatives?

I wonder if these problems (and others that have been reported) are not
just the same problems we've seen before: top and/or bottom of characters
or accents missing because of library problems. If that's it, the
problems should mostly disappear when we switch to the newer libraries.

I doubt the issues are from stripping, but it should be fairly simple to
test if that is the cause by creating a special image using tarballs
containing the original font instead of udebs and maybe changing the
default font.