Re: A couple of comments

Quoting Jacobo Tarrio (jtarrio@trasno.net):
>  The comments for the msgid "Select a keyboard layout" say that it must fit
> in 55 columns. The string is used for the keyboard layout selection window,
> and it must actually fit in 30 columns.

Not exactly. The constraint is 55 columns because we don't want the
menu entry to be cut down.

However, a limitation of the slang interface of cdebconf leads to the
select/multiselect dialog boxes to NOT set their width if the box
*title* is the widest object in the window.

As a consequence, the string above must be *shorter* than the longest
keyboard map translation entry in console-data (minus a few
characters).

So it depends....on the language.

This is actually more a bug than something we want to base our
translation rules one. IIRC a bug about this is rotting somewhere in
the BTS.