Re: Pet release goal: support for packages description translations

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

>> We believe this is warranted for these release goals because they
>> significantly improve the overall quality of the distribution across
>> packages, as well as etch's usefulness to a range of users.
>
> i18n people, here's a draft of a request to the release team, after
> Debconf discussions with Otavio and Grisu.

I'm in contact with mvo to get APT moved to SID as soon as
possible. It's still available only in experimental.

> It is meant to try to officially have supprot for the DDTP material as
> a release goal for etch...which seems feasible.
>
> This is just a draft, please feel free to correct/amend/complete. I'm
> mostly offline for the next days, so interaction might be a bit
> complicated.

I'm also trying to get a import of translation data once so we don't
need to use external repositories for testing. Just sid, as a test, is
enough.

deb http://ddtp.debian.net/debian sid main

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R