Re: Google summer of code: i18n infrastructure

On Friday 12 May 2006 23:13, Zejn Gasper wrote:
> I'm putting diagrams online:
> http://www.kiberpipa.org/~hruske/stuff/debian-i18n/

I have not followed the discussions so far in detail, but one thing I have
missed so far (please correct me if I'm wrong).

IMO it should be possible to assign "ownership" for a specific translation
to a specific translator. This owner should be able to control if he will
allow modification of a translation by himself only, by a specific group
of people ("authorized translators") or by all.
Of course, the owner can also be a group.

There are a lot of sensitive translations (because they have a very
specific or technical context) for which you do not want just anyone to
update translations.

It is important that such translations can be managed using the same
infrastructure as other, more "open" translations as translators can
still benefit from the other features of the infrastructure while working
on a "closed" translation.

Note: this is a separate mechanism from review.

Cheers,
FJP