Re: Rewording of NM-corner (WAS: Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006)

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006, JC Helary wrote:
> Also in the constitution there is clear reference to
> developers=project members in 5.1.2
>
> >>2. Lend authority to other Developers.
> >>The Project Leader may make statements of support for points of
> >>view or for other members of the project, when asked or otherwise;
>
> So there is absolutely no problem shifting to a "Member" terminology
> in the NM process, as long as it is documented as equivalent to
> developer, according to the glossary _and_ to the constitution.

We are members of the project, but we are called Debian Developers.
That's the title that the constitution uses, and the NM documentation
should use the same terms when it's refering to the position. [If it's
refering to them in pasing, calling them members of the project is
just fine, but doding otherwise is just going to lead to even more
confusion than we have currently.]

Don Armstrong

--
The beauty of the DRUNKENNESS subprogram was that you could move your
intoxication level up and down at will, instead of being caught on a