Re: Checking / Spellchecking of po files, Gettext-lint?

Hello,

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 15:47:27 +0100 Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering what other translators use to verify PO files (besides
> msgfmt [1]) and to spell-check them.

For spell checking you can use pospell from the spellutils package:
	pospell -n filename.po -p ispell -- %f

But it's not optimal for me, too, cause it cannot handle utf8 files
correctly (german umlauts are corrupt).

> I've found gettext-lint [2] which seems to be useful (although it has not
> seen much development). It doesn't look like it's packaged in Debian and I
> have made preliminary packages to provide those tools.
>
> Anyone interested in testing them?

Yes, that would be great. May I get that package per PM?
Thanks

A possibility to check how your debconf templates file
look like in reality is podebconf-display-po from the
po-debconf package.
Try it, it's worth it!

--
Kind regards
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 2.2.2
    under Debian GNU/LINUX 3.1 »Sarge«
        http://counter.li.org/,  Registered LinuxUser #311290
            Spamfiltering by bogofilter.sourceforge.net