Re: Translating Powerfolder !

On 23 oct. 06, at 19:42, Yavor Doganov wrote:

В Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:41:50 +0930, Clytie Siddall написа:

http://www.powerfolder.com/

This is a keen free-software project looking for translators.

This is the first program that I see licensed under CC-BY-SA -- note
that this license is considered unsuitable for programmatic works and
also (versions 2.0 and 2.5) considered non-free by Debian.
Furthermore,  which is more important, this program depends on the
proprietary Sun Java, so it is completely useless for the citizens of
the Free World (see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.html).

I would urge translators to ignore it.

So besides for Debian and non-Java, the world of free computing does not exist ?

As a translator who contributes to the free computing world while having to use non-free applications professionally, I urge translators to not react with sectarian guts and do what they consider is right...

Jean-Christophe Helary