Re: Hebrew: freefont vs. dejavu

Davide Viti wrote:
> The latest release of Dejavu (2.10) includes Hebrew glyphs (courtesy
> of Eugeniy Meshcheryakov); since we're trying to use Dejavu to render
> as many languages as we can in the graphical installer, I'd like to
> know your opinion about the glyphs and if it'd make sense to switch
> g-i as to use Dejavu in place of Freefont for displaying Hebrew text.
>
> Here's a couple of pics of the same text displayed with the two fonts
>
> http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/g-i/he_freefont.png
> http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/g-i/he_dejavu2_10.png

Hi,

The svn version [1] looks like the best from the four screen shots, and
much easier (at least for me) to read from the screen.

If there's time, I'd like to forward this to local mailing lists to get
more feedback.

[1] http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/g-i/he_svn.png
--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan@debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0