Re: [D-I] Activating a new language in D-I: Gujarati

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:20:04 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> With the upload of localechooser 1.23, I activated a new language in
> D-I, namely Gujarati.

I've just added Gujarati "gu" to the list of languages which need to be
spellchecked on a daily basis (see [1])

there are just a couple of trivial errors which need to be fixed (one
wrong variable and a missing "," character).

Some documentation about the spellchecker can be found in [2] (yes, I
definitely need to update that!)

Tip:
The machine on which the spellchecker is run does not have a Gujarati
dictionary for aspell (don't know if it exists). anyway, you can still
check for typos locally on your computer if you download [3] and run your
favourite tool against it (it contains just all the translated strings)
If you have an aspell-gu dictionary you can use it like this:

aspell list --lang=gu --encoding=utf-8 < gu_all.txt | sort | uniq -c >
unkn_gu.txt

regards (and congratulations),
Davide

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/index.html