Question about DDTP encoding problem

I'm trying to upload a description for libsepol1 (yes it's priority
41, but it's priority: required for etch) and it's not matching. I
think the problem is that the original description has an unusual
character in it (the R in a circle symbol). Now, on my machine the
whole description is being recoded to iso-8859-1when I receive it (for
display) so when I send it back it doesn't match exactly.

Am I right in suggesting that the Description field is *always* in
UTF-8, and not the same encoding as the translated field? Can I do
something like Description.iso-8859-1: like for the translated field?

Or should I just record the original description back to UTF-8 before sending?

Thanks in advance,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/