Translation update when page is assigned to other

Hi all,
often I see that italian translations are updated by someone that is not the translation maintainer for that page. This person update the translation but do not update the translation-check header, so that the page include a reference "note: the original version of this page is more recent" (as in [1]). I am not against its work, but I think he should operate in a different way. Moreover, our "robot" send email to the maintainer, who find the page already updated, and only have to increase the revision number.

I don't know who this person is, but I think that he should, in order, do one of the following:

1. leave the page to its maintainer;
2. send an update to the maintainer;
3. update the translation *and* the translation-check

Thanks,
Giuseppe

[1] http://www.it.debian.org/misc/awards.it.html