Re: http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/ popularity sorting?

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:24:57AM +0100, Claus Hindsgaul wrote:
> I just noted that the sorting is apparently based on the INSTALLED
> number of packages. This makes perfectly sense for the debconf
> translations, since this is an approximate measure for, how many times
> the translations will be shown (of course depending on the question
> priority).
>
> But how about the program translations? One could argue that it would
> make more sense to sort/prioritize the translations after how often a
> program is executed, since that would be an approximate measure of how
> often the translation is shown to a user. Since popcon does contain
> statistics for this (the "votes"), we have the choice to use that
> instead.
>
> What do you think?

At the moment, only one sorting order is allowed for all materials, and
fixing that may be quite hard, so I won't spend time on it.
Pages with popcon by votes have been generated on
  http://people.debian.org/~barbier/intl/l10n/unstable/
If you prefer this sorting order, I will grab by_vote instead of
by_inst, please have a look and let me know.

Denis