Re: Translation coordination robot, who?

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 09:43:17PM -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

> 	Brazilian Portuguese Team and a couple of others. You should check
> this site: http://people.debian.org/~bertol/

Thanks, I was not aware that existed. It even includes the spanish team
information (and is up to date!). It lacks some features I like (the
l10n bot I'm using extract the files and dumps them to the filesystem so
they can be retrieved from the webserver). But it looks good

> > On the other hand, which translation teams would be willing to use the
> > translation robot themselves and currently don't have the means to set it up
> > themselves? Would it be useful to have a common infraestructure for that?
>
> 	Yes! It is! :)  The dl10n project on alioth is the perfect place
> to get all the codes integrated and also to send back the contributions.
> Considering the recent discussions of the common framework is also a good
> reference to future work.

Yes, I was considering that, but I want first to look at the code from others
to try to integrate it.

> 	I talked with Bertol about integrating the changes (specially the
> - -html bot) and I hope we get that integrated soon.  We also have some
> other bots flying around, if I'm not wrong, the dutch bot uses MySQL and
> PHP to deliver reports.

We should really setup a CVS repository with all the scripts to share them
alike. I have, for example, created a script to parse mbox files (in order to
generate the bot if it has not been listening for a while, like in the case
of the spanish team).

> 	Hope it helps, kind regards,

It helps a lot, thanks.

Javier