Re: Work on a centralized infrastructure for i18n/l10n

On 24/12/2005, at 2:26 AM, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

That is a common feature of XLIFF/TMX editors: fuzzy matching on present translation memories.

What a great feature....and, for sure, XLIFF editors are the only tools to have it.

I may misremember completely, but I am almost certain KBabel had this feature four or five years ago (when I last used the program).

If we're talking about filling in translation fields with exact or fuzzy matches from existing translation memory, don't most translation editors have this feature, including gettext itself?

I can do that using "msgmerge --compendium", or by using that feature in my XLIFF/PO editor, LocFactoryEditor. It's one translation's greatest time-savers.

Or are we talking about something more unusual?