Re: D-I Manual -- Status update + call to update translations

On 21/12/2005, at 5:40 PM, Miroslav Kure wrote:

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/manual/POT/

As you can see on the above url, manual consists of several chapters.
XML version can be retreived from debian-installer subversion
repository.

Thanks again, Miroslav. :)

I hadn't seen this page before. Great, I have somewhere to start.

How does one go about beginning a translation of the manual? I
haven't translated any Debian docs before. I don't know how much I
can do: are some parts finished better than none?

Files appear in the manual in the following order:

bookinfo, preface, welcome, hardware, preparing, install-methods,
boot-installer, using-d-i, boot-new, post-install

installation-howto, preseed, partitioning, random-bits, administrivia,
gpl

The chapters dealing with hardware are a bit more complicated, because
they could mention weird names, acronyms, etc.
IMO I would start with bookinfo, preface, welcome, installation-howto
and then slowly the rest.

Thanks, that's good advice. I hope to get them all done, but some will be better than none.

Do we have this howto info online anywhere? I don't remember seeing it on any of my journeys through the translator docs, but I may have forgotten or become confused.