Re: [D-I] Debian Installer etch beta1 release due soon

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 07:07, Christian Perrier wrote:
> So, HURRY UP to update your level 1 translations, you only have about
> 2 weeks left before translation updates are uploaded for all packages.

Just to make sure there are no false expectations...
There most likely will be uploads including new translations for most
components, but there is no guarantee. Also, we may start doing uploads
for some packages sooner than the 2 weeks Christian mentioned above.

The basic reason for this is that the focus of the beta is to provide a
base to test the new kernel and changes in d-i (and to check for possible
regressions from the Sarge version), not to do a "real" release that is
to be widely distributed and used.

Basically, any translations that are available at the moment we upload a
component will be included, but, as Christian said there will be no last
minute rush to include translations after that.

It is your choice as translators if you want to make the effort now or to
work on the translations in your own tempo. Of course, keeping up-to-date
is always a good thing.

When we plan a more solid release than this first beta for Etch, we will
of course notify you in a more structured way, declare a string freeze in
time and provide proper deadlines for translation updates.

Cheers,
FJP