Re: [D-I] Variable subsitution (level2)

On Monday 19 September 2005 16:27, zinosat@tiscali.it wrote:
> Let me know if these are mistakes or if they're ok: since commits
> for level2 are not as easy to manage as those for level1, it might take
> some time before I can fix it, or maybe somebody else will have to do
> it for me.

I would very strongly suggest to _not_ fix levels other than level 1
yourself. Mailing the correct translators, with the name of the package
the mistake comes from is IMO a much better option.

For some packages it would mean getting the po file, fixing it and
submitting a patch in the BTS for the corrected translation. This will
take a fairly long time and may conflict with work the translator himself
is doing.

In general IMO the policy should be: do not mess with the translations of
others unless you get their explicit approval first.