Re: D-I progress

Thankyou for your reply, Christian. :)

On 29/04/2005, at 4:45 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Well, if you're seeking immediate result, maybe.

More the best use of what resources I have. :)

However, and all translators for other languages will confirm this to
you, having a given language visible *immediately* when you first boot
the installation CD is a huge positive sign and bumps up the use of
localised environments for this language.

Yes, I agree: that's why I became involved.

So, even if you're working for something that will not be visible now,
it will becomre visible in the first Debian Installer release we will
make after the Sarge distribution is released. We can expect that in
the second semester of this year. moreover, as soon as we open the
gates, the daily builds of Debian Installer will use your
translations....so, starting on July 2005, there will be ISO images
with Vietnamese localisation (working or not, then we will see...).

Well, that's not too far-off: earlier would be better, but if those are the limitations, I'll work with them while I can. In any event, it will be useful eventually. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc