Re: [[ l10n-bot ]]

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:50:51 -0300
"Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)" <felipe@cathedrallabs.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> :: On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:34:52 -0300 "Felipe Augusto
> :: van de Wiel (faw)" <felipe@cathedrallabs.org> wrote:
>
> :: Are you sure you're Portuguese? That surname sounds
> :: awfully Dutch to me;)
>
> <ot>
> 	In fact, I'm Brazilian. :o) But I have a strong
> Dutch influence, my grandparents (parents of my father)
> came from Breda in 1947 to Brazil. They were running
> out from Second World War. ;)
> </ot>

OK, that explains it;)

> :: The sources of the original version, which is used be
> :: the dutch team, can be found here:
> :: http://dutch.debian.net/l10n-bot_0.1.1.tar.bz2
>
> 	Ok, I'm going to do a first try, hope I don't need
> further help... :)

If you do, you can send me an e-mail. I think it's pretty straight
forward. You do need a mysql-server, a webserver that does php and an
account that is subscribed to you're mailing-list. IIRC you'll have to
change some variables, like the outputdir for the script, name of
mysql-db, etc in both the scripts.

> :: IIRC, it still lacks the 'nice' html-output, though...
>
> 	Sorry, I'm a little bit lost, you mean merge it with
> the [1]"international stats" page in debian.org? I will take
> a look at CVS and original source, I don't know the "intl"
> script, but I would like to help 'merging' it.

That difference between my stuff and CVS is that I parse e-mails as they
are posted to our list and then put things in a mysql-db. The pages that
get stuff out the db are php-scripts.
The CVS version has been changed to make it scale better. It reads the
archives of the list, puts stuff in a similar db as is used for the intl
pages. The idea being that the pages are recreated (a few times? ones?)
every day. But as said above, this doesn't happen yet.

grts Tim