Re: Intention to NMU freeswan for l10n issues

Dear Luk,

On Monday 07 February 2005 16:38, you wrote:
> The freeswan Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has at
> least one very longstanding (over 100 days) localisation bug
> report. Often, but not always, this means that the package is not very
> actively maintained. I'm sending you this mail for checking the
> situation and to decide the next necessary steps. If there is some
> reason why you haven't fixed the bug yet, or there is something other
> you might want to tell me, i will be very happy about any feedback. In
> this case please accept my apologies.
There is a reason why I did not change freeswan other than for
security-critical bugs during the last 6 months - it is dead... It is no
longer maintained upstream and has been superseded by openswan. In fact, I am
currently preparing a transition package that installs openswan. The freeswan
package will be removed from the archive when all users have finished the
transition (which might take some while, but the transition package should
not need to be changed).

with best regards,
Rene