#debian-i18n IRC channel

In an attempt to add yet another way to build a community around
Debian i18n, I have setup a #debian-i18n channel on the OFTC network
(irc.ofnet.net).

Why not using irc.debian.org, aka irc.freenode.net?

Like many other people, I currently have concerns with the policy of
the Freenode network. Restricting /msg to registered users as well as
"spamming" users for getting donations does not make me comfortable.

This is why I have created and registered this channel on
irc.oftc.net, just like many recent channels did (some have even
switched).

For IRSSI users, here is a sample ~/.irssi/config file excerpt which
can help you using both freenode and oftc networks (please note that I
use a registered nickname...hence the autosendcmd in
chatnets....XXXXXXXX is to be replaced by the password you registered
your nickname on each network):

servers = (
  {
    address = "irc.freenode.net";
    chatnet = "freenode";
    port = "6667";
    use_ssl = "no";
    autoconnect = "yes";
  },
  {
    address = "irc.oftc.net";
    chatnet = "oftc";
    port = "6667";
    use_ssl = "no";
    autoconnect = "yes";
  }
);

chatnets = {
  freenode = {
    type = "IRC";
    autosendcmd = "/^msg -freenode nickserv identify XXXXXXXX;wait -freenode 2000";
  };
  oftc = {
    type = "IRC";
    autosendcmd = "/^msg -oftc nickserv identify XXXXXXXX;wait -oftc 2000";
  };
};
channels = (
  { name = "#debian-boot"; chatnet = "freenode"; autojoin = "yes"; },
  { name = "#debian-i18n"; chatnet = "oftc"; autojoin = "yes"; },
);