Re: Parsing ../10n/material/data/ files

Quoting Marco Ferra (mferra@sdf.lonestar.org):
> Dear developers
>
> I'm building an infrastructure for the portuguese translators be able
> to see what packages from debconf are translated (and of course those
> that are not).
>
> The file http://merkel.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/data/unstable.gz
> I think it's in dpkg package format.  I have coded a python parser to
> get those packages that belong to debconf but does Debian have some
> kind of tools to manage this information?  How does the statistics in
> for example:  http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/pt_PT
> are build?
>
> If some of you could point me to the right direction I would be very
> thankful.

You might want to have a look at dl10n:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/debian-l10n co dl10n

Here you'll find tools which can parse the above material as weel as
parse mailing lists for especially crafted messages so that the
activity on debconf translations (or other translations) can be
followed.

The French and Dutch teams use this system. Some other teams
also (ar, tr, ca). Feel free to ask for details around here.

Results are pages like:

http://people.debian.org/~bertol/fr.by_status.html
http://people.debian.org/~bertol/fr.by_type.html

You can look at the debian-l10n-french mailing list archives to
understand the system of control messages.

http://people.debian.org/~bertol/pseudo-urls.html gives details.