Re: Do GDM and/or initscripts have a problem?

On 9/28/05, Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk> wrote:
> Jean Christophe AndrÃ(c) wrote:
> > Eddy Petrior a écrit :
>
> > > Either way, there should be a bug against
> > > "debian-policy". Is there an interest in this issue at
> > > the moment?
> >
> > Yes!

Which of the variants? Standard or just policy?

> > > proposal: /etc/default/environment
> >
> > My proposal: /etc/default/i18n
>
> Using "/etc/default/i18n" (or maybe "/etc/default/l10n")
> would give us the benefit of keeping locale configuration
> data separate, whereas "/etc/default/environment" seems to
> be asking for getting a lot of different configuration data
> lumped together.

Right, I thought about this after I clicked the send button...

Probably other separated default environment stuff will emerge as
being needed to be separated, so I guess this is a good idea.

--
Regards,
EddyP