Re: Please help: CJK Debian reference card

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:35:15PM +0000, W. Borgert wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:27:10PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > Did you consider po4a to ease the translation work? It does support LaTeX
> > (in addition to other formats), and AFAIK, it does support LaTeX. I'd be
> > interested to know whether it supports CKJ languages (and fix it if not).
>
> The input of the reference card is UTF-8 DocBook XML, which is
> translated into LaTeX using db2latex-xsl.  For the DocBook XML
> sources I think about using poxml.  Does po4a support XML?

Yes it does. The complete list so far is:
  - roff (man pages)
  - pod (perl online documentation)
  - sgml (docbook and debiandoc)
  - xml (a bunch of dtd, including docbook)
  - tex and latex

We are working on wml for the debian web site and texinfo for gnu
documentation.

Several formats can be mixed in a translation project quite easily.

Bye, Mt.