Putting down the user

Hi everybody :)

I know we had a thread on this before, but, apart from writing politely to the developer and encouraging him to avoid this type of expression, what can we do as a group about them?
__________________________________
#. Type: string
#. Description
#: ../templates:17
msgid "dummy, if you see this report it as bug ..."

This is extremely inappropriate in my culture, and I doubt if it's encouraged within Debian as a whole. I can't remember if we came to any conclusions, or decided to do anything, based on previous threads. What do you think we can most usefully do about the existence of strings like this in translation files?

One of my Gnome PO files has the developer comment (strangely enough, in a PO file, directed at other developers and not the translator working on that file):

#. DON\'T CHANGE THIS BY HAND! CHANGE THE SCRIPT THIS IS GENERATED
#. ALWAYS ADD A CHANGELOG OR I WILL PERSONALLY KICK YOUR ASS!
#: ../config/gettextfoo.h:3
msgid ""

which doesn't do much for positive communication either. :( I wince every time I open it, and unfortunately, it is updated often...

I think I'll post on gnome-i18n too.

Thankyou for the benefit of your experience. :)