pootle.debian.org, someone?

Hello,

IIRC, we spoke several times about setting up a pootle server to help us
with team translation and such. But I can't remember where we're standing to
that regard.

Do we have any volunters for this? I'd say that we're looking for:
 - someone to package the pootle software
 - someone to speak with the official debian administrators to see on which
   host we should put pootle on
 - an official DD to actually deploy (and then maintain) pootle once we know
   where it should go

Afterward, we need to populate it, but I guess it'll be the easiest step ;)

The most blocking point seems to be the third one of course. This take
should last between half a day to a whole day (if things do really go
wrong). You should have some python background. Being a first class python
hacker isn't needed (even if it'd be cool, of course), but you may have to
adapt lightly some scripts on the way or so. It is important to be DD
because you'll naturally have to log on debian servers to install pootle on
there.

Unfortunately, it won't be me since I have so few little free time nowadays.
But I would be ok with something like coaching or sponsoring, ie being a
sort of resource person for the one stepping forward.

I don't think that anyone should be impressed by this task's technical
difficulty, but its achievement would constitute a major step for the debian
internationalization and localization infrastructure.

Little investisment, no risk and huge potential gain. This mail is no spam.
;)

Bye, Mt.