Re: hello + UTF8

On 08/08/2005, at 2:13 PM, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

Oh no.  You can use IIIMF, SCIM, or Qt's inbuilt input method.

Jaldhar, this is exactly what svashka is looking for. You may not have realized it, since it was in the beginning of the discussion, but currently the Ubuntu character map is her _only_ input method for her language. She can only input one character at a time, and even then they don't display correctly in applications.

So, could you please tell us how she can use these other input methods? :)

I hope we can get it worked out. Have you had any contact with this project?

http://indlinux.org/

Yes I am in regular contact with them.

Terrific! Would you recommend their distribution to someone in svashka's position? She is a translator and programmer for open source.