Re: (forw) first official version of dbconfig-common now in unstable

On 12/07/2005, at 7:01 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

The following is an announcement of a soooo interesting package...:-)

Translatos, from now, when you just go on one package which seems to
deal with databases and you have to translate the same questions about
database creation, database user nae, account, password as well as all
these other things, please suggest to the maintainer that using
dbconfig-common should be considered.

Oh, yes!!!

I just wish I'd known about this _before_ I started the debconf list.

A very large proportion of debconf files involve basic database config. questions such as "What is the database administrator's password?"

It would be a huge time-saver, as well a standardizing many strings which currently vary in staggeringly unimportant ways (and waste time regardless), to use this package!

I'll make sure I recommend it to every maintainer of a database file which I translate.

Thankyou to the people who have evidently put in a lot of work to make this happen. My numbed mind thanks you!