Re: [OT] Re: Ζητώ συγνώμη

Christian Perrier wrote:
:: Quoting Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
:: (felipe@cathedrallabs.org):
::::	I'm using Mozilla Mail, and even in Brazilian
:::: Portuguese sometimes a few characters are changed
:::: into squares with two pairs of "hexa". I imagine
:::: it has something to due with UTF-8, missing fonts
:::: or wrong configurations, but can't figure out what
:::: is...

:: Missing fonts. The given character is missing in the
:: display font you're using.
:: Below is the ouput of dpkg --get-selection | grep
:: font on my system (I use xfs-xtt to be able to use TT
:: fonts):

[... list of packages ...]

	I installed the packages!

	Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! \o/

	No more "squares with hexa". :) Thanks!

:: With all this, displaying Chinese, Korean, Japanese,
:: most language from India, Greek, all Cyrillic
:: languages, Arabic, Hebrew is OK. Vietnamese should
:: be OK too. The only one I probably can't display
:: is Thai (and Klingon probably).

	;)

:: This is with KDE, but I guess the picture is
:: somewhat similar with Gnome environments.

	I'm using GNOME, it works perfectly. I'm still
trying to figure out why my centericq (and centericq-utf8)
can't use right "cedilla" and "latin accents" in my xterm
(and uxterm). Probably is the locale (LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8)
that consider this as "dead keys", but it is another
problem that I'm working on. :))

:: And, no, I can't read any of these, except Russian..:-)

	:-)

	Cheers,

- --
// Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <felipe@cathedrallabs.org>