Re: bug-reporting for non-English users

On Saturday 30 April 2005 13:39, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> time it is to translate (open) bug-reports, but if we can
> seed it with machine translations, then that may be enough

I just tried that with one report (English -> Dutch). The results were
hilarious, but hardly usable.
One problem is that reports are often fairly cryptic to begin with. Also
they contain a load of technical terms which, if translated literally
from a "normal" dictionary, can be completely mistranslated.