Announce of upcoming l10n NMU for the oops package

Dear maintainer of oops and Debian translators,

On 13 jan 2005, I sent a notice to the maintainer of the oops Debian
package, mentioning the status of pending localization bug reports in
the BTS.

I announced the intent to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer
upload for this package in order to fix all its long-time pending
localisation bugs (and these bugs only).

Since then, I didn't get any objection from the package maintainer and
then I will start the second phase of the process.

If needed, I will notify the translators for languages for which the
translation is still incomplete without update sent to the BTS so that
they have a chance to send updates on time.

The package is currently translated to: fr cs

The following translations exist but are incomplete: de hu sv
            (even after applying pending l10n bugs, of course)

Other translators also have the opportunity of creating a translation
in their language for this package. Please go to
http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/pot and pick up the
relevant templates.pot.gz file. Once completed, please send it
directly to me so that I incorporate it in the package being built.

The deadline for receiving updates and new translations if fixed to
23 jan 2005.

Of course, if in the meantime the maintainer objects to this process,
I will stop it and send him/her all updates I have received.

Otherwise, the following will happen (or already have):
-13 jan 2005   : send the first intent to NMU notice to
             the package maintainer
-20 jan 2005   : this announcement
-23 jan 2005   : deadline for receiving translation updates
-25 jan 2005   : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/2-day
                send the NMU patch to the BTS
-27 jan 2005   : NMU uploaded to incoming
-28 jan 2005   : NMU enters unstable

As you may see, the NMUed package will be built and then uploaded to
DELAYED/2-day, giving the maintainer two more days for reacting to the
NMU.

I will then subscribe to the package PTS and follow its life for 60
days after my NMU in order to fix any issue potentially introduced by
my upload.

Of course the NMU patch will also be sent to the BTS.