Re: typo with apt_po.pot in D-I

Quoting Asho Yeh (ashoyeh@pchome.com.tw):
> Hello.
>
> The apt_po.pot of D-I level 4 had a typo:
>
> 191:"  -o=? Set an arbitary configuration option, eg -o dir::cache=/tmp\n"
>
> The "arbitary" may be a typo? I think it should be "arbitrary".

You're right, I've just checked on APT arch repository and "arbitrary"
is spelled that way in a few places in the source code.

I have reported this against APT. I will probably be the one who fixes it
in the repository as it also needs special processing on PO files in
order to avoid making several strings fuzzy because an original
strings has been changed for a typo. Obvioulsy, we translators, did
not reproduce the typo in our languages...:-)

The processing is easy : s/arbitary/arbitrary in all PO files (using
msgfilter, preferably....but using a rough "sed" is probably OK as it
is unlikely that "arbitary" is used in any other language). This must
be done *before* updating the source code and re-run "make" in po/