Re: List of possible XkbModel entries per locale

On 18-08-2004, at 09h 10'05", Jonas Smedegaard wrote about "Re: List of possible XkbModel entries per locale"

> I think all western european (and other non-US latin-basin) countries
> needs pc105. I have no hard proof, however, just a feeling...

I think the difference between pc105 and pc104 is that annoyng key
between 'left shift' and 'z' (or 'y', depending on the keyboard type).
I always set my keybord to pc104 and still that key is active. I have
to set it to shift to be left in peace.

So, my question is, why all the (western) european countries needs
pc105?

For the US keyboard that key is marked <>, which are available on
other places. I don't know how redundant is this key for other
languages, but I don't think this (e.g pc105) should be set by
default.

Beter would be to set the win keys to Alt_Gr, rather than the right
Alt. So the last line of keys should be:

Ctrl AltGr Alt Space Alt AltGr Meta Ctrl

instead of

Ctrl Meta Alt Space AltGr Meta Menu Ctrl

For me Meta key only adds the 8th bit in xterm, while Menu is 100%
useless. Meta-g gives me ç (c with cedille).

Soon the default will be to set the internet explorer key on the
keyboard? This is the direction we follow?

Regards,
Ionel