Re: Translation of NEWS.Debian

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 11:22:46PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> Hello
>
> Have someone already make some thougths about the translation of the
> NEWS.Debian files in the debian packages?

Yup.

> We need
>  - support in apt-listchanges to support translations

Looking into NEWS.Debian.$lang instead of NEWS.Debian should be a 20 lines
changes. We first need to translate them, I'd say.

>  - some framework to translate (NEWSDebian2po ?)

The basis of the framework exists, IMHO. What we need is a specific module
to po4a (from unstable), which could be done in <100 lines.

Then, the tool to convert debconf templates to NEWS.Debian would be easy to
do since we use po files to convert both. msgcat is thus almost enough.

That being said, a working infrastructure to ease collaboration between
packager and translator is still to do and will require some more work...

Bye, Mt.

--
un kilo de mercure pese pratiquement une tonne.