Re: Update to Debian Installer translators documentation

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 09:19:48PM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to suggest a few changes to doc/translations.txt, wrt to the
> suggested packages for translation:
>
> From the file:
>
> > Important
> >  ---------
> >  debconf man-db console-common netbase ifupdown console-data adduser
> >  setserial bsdmainutils lilo netkit-inetd
>
> Note: at least on my system, I could not find a po-debconf aware
> netkit-inetd. I run testing, but I tried the unstable version as well
> with no luck (0.10-9). Is there another netkit-inetd?

Nope, still waiting for #183995 to be closed (patch provided one year ago,
no answer). Maybe time to re-ask to the maintainer (Anthony Towns), and/or
propose an NMU about this?

> >  Optional
> >  --------
> >  (only some very commonly installed packages -first 30 in the list-
> >  are included here, ordered by popularity)
> >  apache-common tetex-bin xserver-common apache
> >  libcupsys2 xserver-xfree86 ntpdate libfontconfig1 samba-common
> >  samba-common mozilla-browser libpaper1 fontconfig ntp-simple
> >  libpango1.0-common cvs xscreensaver screen powermgmt-base
> >  samba dash mysql-server gdm apt-listchanges libdiscover1
> >  discover libslp1 libnet-perl cupsys-client cupsys
>
> Here many packages that come from the same source package are listed.
> If I tidy this up a little and show only source packages, the list
> would become:
>
> apache xfree86 cupsys ntp fontconfig samba mozilla libpaper pango1.0
> cvs xscreensaver tetex-bin screen powermgmt-base mysql-dfsg
> gdm apt-listchanges discover libnet-perl openslp

Good catch. Using PopCon requieres to convert between source and bin pkg.
I'll have to rethink some of my stats here.

> It was also mentioned previously in another mail that nfs-common is
> one of the packages to be translated. Again, I could not find any
> evidence for translation material for that package (source package:
> nfs-utils 1.0.6-3).

The maintainer is trying to remove the debconf template from his package,
but struggles with whatever technical issue. I failed to understand what he
tries and what goes wrong, but after 2 versions, the removal of the
offending files is not done yet. Maybe the next one.

> And I think we could add a few packages in that list that are not in
> the popularity-contest. I'll make a list and post it here.

Thanks, Mt.

--
Finally it's Poland's turn to invade someone else's country.
We have to understand them, as they have been deprived from