Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:26:23 +0100
From: Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
To: carlos_liu@yahoo.com, elian@lycos.com, andrelop@debian.org, fenio@o2.pl,
	kebil@kaunas.init.lt, kmuto@debian.org, vi@fsf.hu,
	bubulle@debian.org, tale@debian.org, markos@debian.org,
	kurem@debian.cz, eugen@univ.kiev.ua, Peter.Mann@tuke.sk,
	cobaco@linux.be, claus_h@image.dk, jordi@debian.org, teo@debian.org,
	seppy@debian.org, elmig@debianpt.org, pere@debian.org,
	nikolai@prokoschenko.de, sapphire@linux.org.ba, eppesuig@debian.org,
	cwryu@debian.org, andre.dahlqvist@telia.com, ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg,
	tetralet@pchome.com.tw, anmar@arabeyes.org, yuxel@sonsuzdongu.com,
	gandalf@owca.info, eddy_petrisor@yahoo.com, webmaster@guides.co.il,
	i18n-no@lister.ping.uio.no, Dafydd Harries <daf@muse.19inch.net>,
	parlin@ui.edu
Cc: joeyh@debian.org
Subject: Debian Installer switches to SVN

Dear d-i translators,

The Debian Installer is in the process of switching its repository to
subversion.

The CVS repository is still working, but read-only.

So, I suggest you already try to do checkouts and commits with svn
instead of CVS:

So, formerly, you checked out the tree with:
CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d <your_login>@haydn.debian.org:/cvsroot/d-i co debian-installer

Now, you should move this away and do a first checkout with svn:

svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk debian-installer

(please make you you use your alioth login as SSH login on
svn.debian.org. From my ~/.ssh/config:

Host svn.debian.org
 User bubulle

SVN commands have a syntax similar to CVS.

For those of you who use woody machines, you may have a svn backport
at:

# Subversion backport
deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable subversion

----- End forwarded message -----