Re: Poedit bug #232625 (was: Re: Spellchecker for poedit)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:06:10 +0100
barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier) wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:50:11PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> [...]
> > > Dealing with only one type of comments is certainly much simpler,
> > > but then source comments should IMO be displayed.
> > > Did you find valuable translators' comments? ;)
> >
> > IIRC some po-debconf files seem to have some hints to the translator
> > in#-comments. Well maybe I remember wrong and they were actually in
> > #.-comments.
>
> You are right, hints at the top are normal comments.  They are of
> course worth reading, but OTOH never change.
>
> > > When translating into French we try to follow Christian's Debconf
> > > Templates Style Guide
> > >   http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/dtsg.txt
> > > and thus knowing the templates type is important; e.g.
> > > descriptions of boolean or string templates do not follow the same
> > > rules.
> >
> > Hmm, okay...
> >
> > Well either way, it can't be that difficult. I'll have a look at it
> > later this week.

Well it took 'till today before I had time to look at it, but here are
the results:
I fixed the po-file parser of poedit to the end that it now knows about
autocomments (#.). Upstream already included (in cvs) a panel in the
editor frame which shows translator comments. I added a second panel
that shows the autocomments. Note that you can switch it off in the
'View' menu.

I made a deb including this fix and the spelling checker and put it
here:
http://www.famdijkstra.org/~tdykstra/debian/poedit/poedit_1.2.5-1.2_i386.deb

The version number is 1.2.5 because I didn't want to interfere with the
regular debs. It is however a cvs snapshot of today with my patches
applied.

I also send this upstream, I'm not sure if he'll accept it in this form.
So don't get to fond of the new view of you're poedit;)

grts Tim