Re: Coordination of translations via debian-l10n-* lists

Hi all,

The Russians would prefer a big repository with all translations in it
and everybody working on it. I think this would be convenient for
projects like d-i, where a cvs repository is open for commits. And
translations are changing rapidly.

The pseudo-url system, I think, works better for the general debian
situation, where we will have to deal with individual packages and their
maintainers (which is not going to change, see -devel thread of last
week). With this system it's much clearer who works on what, and who
will submit the translation to the BTS (only a few packages have a
repository). The status page will make it more apparent when something
is stuck or not dealt with.

Ideally I would want to integrate the status page into
http://people.debian.org/~barbier/intl/l10n/po-debconf/nl . Then We
would have a single page showing showing the current situation in
packages and the status of a new translation. Of course we would then
always be one release behind. This could be tackled be allowing
maintainers to send in a file to translate. If we have the system up and
running we could write a script that does this which could be included
in dpkg-dev or the like.

grts Tim