D-I status update (l10n)

>From Joey Hess status update on D-I:

> - Bubulle has started working through testing every language with
>   complete install tests and is documenting the results in the
>   release-checklist file. With a nearly final d-i release ready, now is
>   a good time to go through that checklist and make sure everything
>   still works and any problems are documented.

See the results in installer/doc/release-checklist in d-i SVN tree.

All tests were made with "linux26" and a preseed file.

The goal was testing the installed environment. This means that NO
check was made on d-i screens (brokeness, spelling, display) except
those you see when doing an unattended installation (and most of the
time, I wasn't behind my screen, of course!).

The installed systems were base systems (no desktop, no graphical
environment).

I tested the keyboard input as much as I could.

The tests were more focused on what is displayed to the screen, after
the install and, when needed, after a reboot.

Nearly all languages pass the test.

Critical problems, which make some languages "fail":

Albanese   : loop at the end of 2nd stage
	     Needs investigation

Lithuanian : missing lt.kmap in console-data udeb
	     #277166. Needs console-data upload

Persian    : missing characters (not sure but highly probable)
	     Bug still not reported ?

Serbian    : uses mostly Bosnian as fallback
	     both languages are very close...some even say
             that "Bosnian" is just Serbian written in latin
             characters
             Potential bad "political" implications there again
	     No real solution yet

Annoying problems (languages "pass" anyway):

Chinese (both), Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Persian, Hebrew:
             Mojibake when localized strings appear at the console
	     All these languages works inside jfbterm, though
	     There's no good console environment so no real
	     solution

Other languages which are non Latin-1:
  (Cyrillic, Turkish and "Eastern" European languages mostly)
	     A reboot is needed for avoiding display problems
	     with non Latin characters
	     #250789

A few exim4 screens were found broken because of the use of unescaped
commas in a Choices list. Patch sent to exim4 source package. Upload
in preparation.