Re: localization-config uploaded (former locale-config-skolelinux)

Quoting Konstantinos Margaritis (markos@debian.org):

> technique to disregard it... Though, to be frank, I'm confused as to
> which countries should/are using the @euro extension. Shouldn't every

Currently, none..:-)

Just try a diff between /usr/share/i18n/locales/fr_FR and
/usr/share/i18n/locales/fr_FR@euro for instance...

These two locales are here because one most often uses the ISO-8859-1
charset and the other one used ISO-8859-15.

Keeping these locales is indeed only a matter of backward
compatibility...and I'm even not sure this makes sense.

They may make sense for countries in transition towards the Euro
currency such as those which will maybe switch in the future years
(recent "new" EU countries or maybe, let's dream, Denmark, Sweden or
United Kingdom.....in the latter case, this may happen when I reach my
100th birthday)

IMHO, for countries currently using the Euro currency, these @euro
variants do not make sense anymore, even for those which mostly use
the Latin-1/Latin-9 charsets.