URW-fonts: New release

Hi all,

although one could think it is off topic, IMHO it is very
important/interesting for i18n and l10n people out there.

Yesterday, Valek Fillipov released a new version of URW-fonts (also known
as gnu-gs-fonts). The changes in this release compared to one most distros
have these days are:
  o Vietnamese glyphs form urwvn
  o Some new Cyrillic glyphs (Uzbek/Tajik/Kazakh/Mongol...)
  o Bug fixes
Please try it and report bugs to the author.

You do not have to be root to install them. Simply copy them into ~/.fonts
and run fc-cache ~/.fonts Alternatively, in KDE open Control Center go to
System->Font Installer, the GUI is self-explanatory. I'm sure there is a way
to do the same in GNOME, but I do not know it.

Please spread the word and ask your disto to upgrade urw-fonts package, if you
think it is worth upgrading.

Have a nice day,
Mashrab.

Ps. If you think you wasted your time reading this mail, sorry.
--
Mashrab Kuvatov
KDE Uzbek Translation Team http://i18n.kde.org/teams/info/uz